If you have an account at DofTNet, then each service that you're allowed to log in to will have settings specific to that service. You can log into each service and go to the settings page to adjust your settings. This is some of what's what in each service:
Nextcloud @ DofTNet
- Personal info: Some basic account details. Full Name and Email are pulled from the main DofTNet account and can't be changed here, but other contact information can.
- Security: We don't have Two-Factor Authentication set up yet, but you can generate backup codes anyway. You can also see some informaiton on the devices and sessions accessing your account.
- Activity: set you activity logging and notification preferences.
- Audio Player: Set what folder to the audio player app will search for audio files.
- External storages: Have files on another server that you want to access via Nextcloud @ DofTNet? Set that up here.
- Mobile & Desktop: Links to apps for your phone and computer and information on how to set them up.
- Accessibility: A few themes to make using the cloud server easer, I guess?
- Sharing: Information on Federated Cloud sharing so you can share with users on other Nexcloud servers.
- Flow: add custom workflows, apparently?
- Privacy: Information about your data.
- Pico CMS: Set up a website like this one.
- Collabora Online: Set up a directory for your document templates.
- Connected Accounts: If you're using one of the dashboard integrations (Reddit, for instance) those linked accounts show up here.
- App order: Want your icons in a different order? Don't want to see a particular icon? Change that here.
- Additional Settings: There are no other settings. shrugs
- Preferences: Various user pereferences
- Folders: Add, Remove, and set which folders are shown.
- Identities: Set up different name, address, and signature combinations for outgoing messages.
- Responses: Canned messages that can be used when composing email.
- Filters: Set up filters to sort. flag, forward, and/or discard incoming messages.
- About: This one's pretty self-explainatory, but it's got some information about the software.
Your account has things like your username, password, first name, last name, email, phone number, mobile numer, and information about what services you can use. Most of this is managed behind the scenes by DofT. We do have a password change/reset page if you've forgotten your password and we have added an account manager to let you change some of your personal settings:
- First name: your first name
- Last name: your last name
- Initials: we don't think this is actually used anywhere but you can add preferred initials
- Common Name: Defaults to first and last name, but can be whatever your preferred name is.
- Descriptiion: oh... you know.. stuff and things.
- Telephone number: if DofT needs to call you about your account, we guess?
- Mobile number: used primarily by the password reset page to send a reset token as a verificatison that you are who you say you are.
- Email address: used by the cloud server to send notifications and also the password reset page. Note: If you have this set to your DofTNet email address, it's probably pretty ineffectual for password resets. We're going to be adding an alternate address for this at some point.
- Web site: I mean.. you can add this if you want.. we're not actually using it anywhere.
- Photo: you can upload a photo or avatar that will also be used by your cloud account.
Get in touch with us for any other account change requests such as what you're allowed to use or any email aliases.